Weight loss is never easy. Some people spend years figuring out how to lose those extra pounds. A fasting diet sounds an effective quick way to get the figure you want, but it’s important to know exactly how to starve yourself. Here is a guide for the healthiest way to eat a low-calorie diet along with some advice to keep going with this regime.
How to Starve Yourself to Be Skinny Quickly
To speed up your weight loss, you need to eat something while fasting, instead of just starvation on its own. Here are some tips to help you.
1. Plan Your Diet and Try Intermittent Fasting
Get into the rhythm of eating and fasting – this is known as intermittent fasting. For example, you can try liquid meals, skipping or postponing particular meals, or missing food for an entire day. However, don’t deceive yourself that you can go for so long without food; after a while, you’ll succumb to temptation and binge.
2. Modify the Amount of Your Present Diet
Calculate your daily calories, and the amount of fat, carbohydrate and protein you eat – these factors play a large part in determining your current weight.
Devise a plan to limit your calories without depriving yourself. Firstly, cut your calories by 5% and go from there. If you do too much too soon, you probably won’t stick with your plan. If you want to do it the fast way by eating very little, fasting or go on detox diet, you should do it under the guidance of a doctor.
3. Eat Lots of Vegetables
Make sure you eat at least a bowl of salad every day. This will give your stomach plenty to work on. Be careful what you add to your salad though; some salad dressings are very high in calories, and will hinder your progress.
4. Get Moving
When you’re finally approaching the weight you want to be, you need to add physical activity to your regime to lose those last pounds. Cardiac exercises, such as running and biking, are some of the best choices.
Exercise for at least 15 minutes every day. Distract yourself during exercise by listening to music or watching videos. This will help you increase your work rate and do more without realizing it.
5. Drink a Cup of Water Lemon Juice Before Eating
Before eating, drink a cup of water with one lemon’s worth of juice. The citrus in the lemon will naturally decrease your appetite and shrink your stomach. Plus, it contains lots of vitamin C, which strengthens your skin and is a potent antioxidant.
6. Limit Your Meals in One Room
Limit your meals to one room in your house/apartment – the kitchen is best. Don’t ever eat in the bedroom which should be used only for sleeping. This can help you clear your head when you’re overwhelmed. You may also get some refuge when you feel quite hard to continue the starvation weight loss process.
7. Be Patient
How to starve yourself to be skinny? It took a long time to pile on the pounds; it’s going to take a while to burn them off. Remember, there is no easy solution to weight loss and weight maintenance.
8. More Tips to Know
- Fill up on protein. Starvation can cause muscle loss, which in turn leads to fat retention. No one wants to be weak and fat! To avoid this, eat some protein every day to maintain strong muscles. What’s more, protein also helps you to feel full compared to other elements.
- Buy clothes in smaller sizes. Make sure they’re high-quality —get those designer jeans or sexy dress you’ve always dreamed of having. Then you’ll have great motivation to slim down into them. You can keep track of your weight-loss progress by trying them on from time-to-time.
- Take supplements to get the vitamins and minerals you’re missing. Iron and calcium are particularly important. Make sure you get your daily vitamins by taking a multi-vitamin pill each day.
- Ensure you get at least 6 hours of sleep every night, as a lack of sleep makes you hungry.
- Serve your food on light-colored plates. Researchers have found that people eat more from darker plates.
- Brush your teeth at least three times daily, because you won’t want to snack afterwards, plus you’ll keep your smile nice and your breath fresh.
- Drink lots of water to fill you up – at least a glass every hour.
- Use every approachable trick or short cut to help with your weight loss process. You can even use visualization techniques to picture yourself slim, and you’ll have more chance of achieving your goal.
Here are more tips and meal plans to help you lose weight without worrying about how to starve yourself:
Still looking for tougher tips for more prominent results? Check out HERE the 85 pieces of advice by someone who’s been there and made it to being skinny.
Possible Dangers of Starving Yourself
During your starvation, there are some possible dangers ahead of you. And being noticed about these dangers, you can take some precautions to avoid the bad influence on your health. Besides knowing how to starve yourself, here are important risks to bear in mind.
1. Loss of Energy
When you don’t have enough energy intake to live on, your normal everyday tasks will become increasingly tough. You’ll have a dip in metabolism and you won’t want to put effort into anything you do.
2. Lose Muscle Mass
As your body gets weaker from the lack of food, you’ll start to use muscle proteins as energy. Therefore, as you starve, you’ll see a decrease in the size of your muscles.
3. Insufficient Nutrients Intake
Even with lots of dietary supplements, you still require some food to function properly. Starving yourself could lead to nutritional deficiencies and serious disease.
4. Develop an Eating Disorder
Although you’re looking to lose weight, severely controlling what you eat could lead to bigger problems, such as eating disorders. Around 1/3 of teenage girls have suffered from anorexia at some point, and this figure is rising.
5. Water Loss Gives You an Inaccurate Result
One thing you should keep in mind is that weight loss doesn’t mean fat loss. This is because that during starvation the first thing you lose is water weight. As you decrease your water mass, the scales will show a huge drop. However, this will soon slow down once all the water weight has gone, and this can really demotivate you.