The question “Does size matter?” can cause concern for both men and women. Although they may not discuss it often, many women worry about the size of their vagina, especially after having a baby. So, how deep is the average vagina? Continue reading to find out.
How Deep Is the Average Vagina?
On average, the vagina is 3 to 4 inches deep during un-arousal periods, although some women have a vagina that is around 5 to 7 inches deep. As a woman becomes aroused, the vagina expands: as blood flows to the area, the cervix and uterus are pushed up by the upper two-thirds of the vagina to create more space. This expansion helps to accommodate the penis and ease intercourse. The vagina will also become more lubricated when having sex, which helps to further ease penetration.
While the vagina will most commonly expand during periods of arousal, it is possible that the penis can’t fit properly inside, which can make woman feel much pain and discomfort. This could be due to exceptionally large penis size, thrusting too hard or the women is not sufficiently aroused (meaning the cervix and uterus have not been pushed up to let the vagina expand).
Does Vagina Size Affect Sexual Enjoyment?
Since we have known the answer to “How deep is the average vagina?” let’s look at another question that girls are too shy to ask, “Does vagina size affect sexual enjoyment?” The issue of size is not the one that should cause concern. Many other factors can affect a person’s sexual enjoyment greatly, such as sufficient lubrication and relationship between partners. A study published in the International Urogynecolgy Journal in 2010 found that vaginal length and deepness had no correlation to women’s desire, pleasure, arousal and/or sexual satisfaction. It said that the amount of sexual enjoyment felt was most strongly determined by the connection you feel with your sexual partners.
Loose Vagina: Why It Happens and How to Tone It
Loose vagina will definitely reduce the fun of intercourse. And there are many causes of having a loose vagina; the main cause is the weakening of pelvic floor muscles. If the answer to “How deep is the average vagina” has little to do with sex enjoyment, the looseness of vagina has everything to do with that. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to tone your vagina if you are experiencing excessive looseness.
Causes of Loose Vagina
The pelvic floor muscle surrounds the muscle of vagina and vaginal wall. When it is tight, everything will be perfectly in order and this tightness will add fun to your sex life. But sometimes your vagina can become loose. Here are 3 main reasons:
- Natural aging: As a woman ages, her vagina becomes looser. This is one of the most common causes of a loose vagina, but this can be alleviated and prosponed with the right exercises.
- Multiple births: If a woman has multiple births without allowing time for their pelvic floor muscles to strengthen after each one(such as four babies in four years), then their vagina can become loose.
- Medical conditions: In rare cases, sever medical conditions can cause a loose vagina.
How to Tone Your Vagina
- Orgasm: An orgasm is essentially the contraction of the pelvic floor muscle, meaning you can tone your pelvic muscle while having orgasm. So the more orgasms you have, the stronger your pelvic floor muscles will become. What a beautiful world!
- Kegel Exercises: Also known as pelvic floor exercises, Kegel exercises focus on strengthening the pelvic region so as to help prevent weakness in the pelvic floor muscles. It is important to note that Kegel exercises will only be effective if they are performed on a regular basis.
- Insert Ben-wa Balls: Also known as geisha balls, inserting these into your vagina whilst performing Kegel exercises will help to further strengthen and tone your vagina. This is because these balls do have weights and you have to let your pelvic muscle work hard to hold them.
- Try Other Exercises: Many other types of exercises, such as Pilates and yoga, can also do wonders in tightening your pelvic muscles. Incorporating more exercises will also help to keep your routine interesting and prevent it from becoming tedious.
- Eat Healthy: Eating the correct food has just as much importance as exercise. Ensuring you supply your muscles with the correct nutrients which will help dramatically with overall growth and repair. Wholegrain organic carbohydrates, organic fruits and vegetables and organic lean animal protein are excellent muscle builders and should be added into your diet.